I’m excited to share this activity today! Simple button craft ideas for kids will definitely be a staple in our house because they are just so easy, yet super fun for the kids. And a little different.
There are so many different ways to create art with buttons so we decided to start with name recognition to add a little learning in there too. All you have to do is glue and button. (You will see what I mean below)
Allowing for creativity is such a great way to allow the kids to learn and development. So if you are thinking about doing this activity, I suggest allowing your kids to pick the colors or words like my daughter did and add their little touch where they can!
They expose children to many new experiences, textures, and materials and can actually be pretty calming.
The set up for this is super easy so take a look at how we did this toddler project quick and easy!
If you love activity ideas, check out my recent post on giant butterfly craft and also my 85 easy toilet paper roll crafts post!! Also, head on over to Pinterest and follow me for daily update craft ideas!
Button Craft Ideas for Kids
Easy Craft Materials
- Colored Construction paper (I used 12×18 a lot but it’s not necessary)
- School Glue or glitter glue. You will need to let it dry fully to stick.
- Washi Tape or your choice of colored tape
Keep Toddlers Busy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my disclosure policy.
Preparation (2 minutes)
- I got the materials ready within a few minutes!
- First I helped my three year old daughter write her name in glue.
- Next we carefully laid the buttons on.
- Then we decided to put washi tape around the border. (at my daughter’s request)
- Then we let it dry for a few hours!
- Be sure to use ample glue so that the buttons actually stick and remember to allow enough time for drying.
- And their you have it!
Take a look below!
And that’s it! I got a couple of good pics with my daughter enjoying this simple activity:) She picked how we would do her name and picked the colors as well.
For more great button craft activities, check out Felt Magnet!
Check out another fun activity with painting from my Instagram page and be sure to follow!
I hope you enjoyed this fun button craft idea for the kids! Please comment below and let me know some paint activities that keep your kids entertained! I would love to see some additional ideas!
Also, remember to sign up for your FREE weekly activities planner on the top or the right side of the page and check out my printables page