The kids did a cute little activity recently that turned out really great. They love doing colorful crafts so I thought it would be great to talk about some great rainbow crafts kids would love today and share the rainbow activity we did at home! These activities inspire fun, creativity, and learning so I hope you enjoy!
I love to find ways for my children to both learn AND have fun. Babies, toddlers, and preschoolers have such an innocent curiosity to learn anything they possibly could, and they really do learn so much from play. Include a wow factor, and the experience is gold.
These are all fairly low prep science activities and simple to complete.
The great thing is that sometimes the simplest things can turn into the absolute best toddler learning activities.
If you love these ideas also be sure to check out my post on 3 ingredient art crafts and dollar tree craft ideas as well! You can never have too many ideas lined up to keep your toddler busy. Also, head on over to Pinterest and follow me for daily update craft ideas!
Rainbow Crafts for Kids
1. Fine Motor Rainbow Shapes Activity
Everything you need can be found with one trip around the house mostly likely, and shouldn’t cost any more than a few dollars if you need to grab some supplies! Here is a list of the items you will need if you don’t already have them at home.
Keep Toddlers Busy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my disclosure policy.
Here is what you will need:
1.Old cardboard to cut out the rainbow
2. Construction Paper for the squares
3. Markers to draw the rainbow. I love these washable markers!
- You will start by drawing out the rainbow.
2. Then cut the excess cardboard off with your scissors.
3. Next cut the construction paper into squares. We only needed one sheet for each color and still didn’t use it all.
4. The next part of the activity is very simple and fun! Allow the kids to add each piece to the rainbow! They can use glue sticks like mine did, or make it easier and use Elmer’s glue.
They can make a traditional rainbow or mix it up a little bit!
Check out the pics below for the how-to and the end result 🙂
Here are a few crafts we did with the leftover squares later.
These are so fun! Check out nine more rainbow craft activities from wonderful activity moms below! The links are under the pictures, Be sure to check out their sites for great ideas!
- Paper Stripe Rainbows via One Little Project
- Bubble Wrap Rainbow Craft via I heart Crafty things
- Rainbow FootPrint Butterfly via The Imagination Tree
- Rainbow Slime via The Best Ideas For Kids
- Rainbow Rice via The Best Ideas For Kids
- Rainbow Popsicle Stick Craft via Keep Toddlers Busy
- Potato Masher Rainbow Craft via Happy Toddler Playtime
- Rainbow Collage via Happy Hooligans
- Rainbow Jellyfish Craft by Crafts by Amanda
After checking out these awesome ideas, bookmark this page an comeback to check out this great video of with more ideas!!
I hope you enjoyed this super fun list of rainbow crafts for toddlers and preschoolers! They have certainly brought joy to my children. I would love to hear some of your toddler craft ideas below so please share!
Lastly, remember to sign up for your FREE weekly activities planner on the top or the right side of the page and check out my printables page