If you haven’t seen on my Instagram page already, I’ve got some great news! We are expecting a baby girl this year and we are over the moon. So naturally I wanted to take some time to talk about baby girl nursery ideas ideas to satisfy my nesting urges and also provide some great ideas all in one place.
Most of what you will see here at Keep Toddlers Busy is activities for toddlers, preschool and even beyond, but parenting involves so much more and I can’t help myself! So I love to talk about tips and home life (including storage and decor) as well.
Also, a few months ago I published a post about adding kids playroom storage ideas into my home as well as a similar post on kids bedroom storage. A lot of people loved the posts so we are doing a nursery version version as well!
I scoured the internet looking for some of the best tips and inspiration, and I have finally put together my compilation.
Whatever the size of your child’s bathroom; today I’ve collected all kinds of awesome ideas for you to incorporate in your design!
A Few Do’s and Don’ts of Putting Together Baby’s Nursery
Here are a few tips that are think are important for setting up a great nursery!
Designing a nursery for your sweet baby can be a great experience, but it can also seem hard to know exactly where to start! My suggestion is to take some time to sit down and plan out your wants,needs, and essentially your plan! Use these tips below to get started!
- DON’T FORGET FUNCTION- It is so easy for me to get caught up in the pretty stuff, and then I always have to remember that the room needs to function 🙂 Don’t forget the necessities! A place for baby to sleep, have diaper changed, be rocked, store essentials, and play!
- NEUTRAL OR GENDER SPECIFIC?– Choosing whether you plan to go with traditional gender oriented colors or go with a more neutral look will help you to narrow down some of the ideas. In this post, I have divided the nursery ideas into sub-categories for your convenience. (yes just for you)
- PICK A THEME OR COLOR SCHEME– Picking a theme or a color scheme is a great way to narrow down your vision. I hope the ideas below provide some inspiration
- PLAN FOR YOUR NURSERY SIZE- The size of your nursery can have a huge impact on things like crib size, changing table size, and storage. Take some time to measure the room so you can plan for the space.
- PLAN FOR STORAGE- Storage is EVERYTHING. This time it won’t just be clothes and toys, but you have to plan for diapers and all of the necessities! (think diaper caddy)
- DON’T STRESS ABOUT TIMING- With my son, I stressed about having the nursery done in time only to realize that I didn’t use the room for multiple months. While I think it’s easier to get those things out of the way before baby comes and time is more limited, I also wouldn’t stress about having every single little thing in place!
Check out my top Nursery picks for on Amazon HERE!
We hope you like the products we recommend. Just so you are aware, Keep Toddlers Busy may collect a share of sales from the links on this page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about our links in my disclosure policy.
Baby Girl Nursery Ideas!
Neutral Baby Nursery Room Ideas
1. Contemporary Neutral
There is simple great about a simple design that both genders can enjoy. The crib and rug are perfect but I also love the toy storage in a reachable position for the kids. Just make sure they are larger toys!
2. Cozy Forest Green Theme
This is a beautiful look if you are handy! Grab some wood from Home Depot and some paint to make this happen! The art source can be found under the photo and I love the lighting.
3. Animal Theme Nursery Decor
I love an animal theme! Find the elephant rug here!
4. Cute Bunny Themed Nursery
So in love with this adorable space! Perfect if you don’t want a pink nursery but still so sweet!
5. White, Neutral and Llamas
This neutral collection is simple and sweet! A great rocking chair is a must. Shop the collection at Target.
6. Forever and Always Nursery
7. Sky Linen Nursery
If a lot of color isn’t your thing, this nursery design is perfect for you! Shop the collection below!
8. Natural Neutral
9. Water Color Leaves Nursery
10. Irregular Dots Nursery
This is another one of my favorites for neutral nursery rooms! I love the dots paired with the yellow curtains.
11. Modern Animal Nursery
12. Green and Natural Nursery
13. White 4-in-1 Crib Nursery
Storage, Storage,Storage. You can’t go wrong 🙂
All Things Pink: Baby Nursery Ideas
14. Autumn Rose Nursery
15. Sweet Dream Nursery
This is gorgeous, I love it. The color is great for kids and there are awesome goodies everywhere in this room!
16. Little Wildflower Nursery Room
17. Rose Wallpaper Nursery
Love this bold wallpaper! The perfect combination of simple, colorful and cute. Perfect for a pink nursery.
18. Chic Pink Nursery
19. Whimsical Baby girl Nursery
20. Pink and Gold Room
Soft pink on pink topped with a gold crib? Beautiful!
21. Blush Baby Girl Nursery
22. Born To Sparkle Room
23. Painterly Floral Nursery
Find this feminine, beautiful collection here!
24. Pink Bunny Nursery
Is this cute or what? 🙂 If you like the traditional look, this is for you! Find the looks here!
Sibling + Baby Room
25. Colorful Twin Nursery
26. Monochromatic Shared Nursery
This look creates great separation for small spaces! simple and cute.
27. Neutral Star Shared Room
28. Sisterhood Nursery
29. Three Sibling Shared Room
30. Ship-lap Wonderland
Magazine Inspired Nursery Rooms
31. Organic Nursery Room
32. Bold Cactus Nursery
What a gorgeous idea for a nursery. Light and airy look with a unique spin with the bold cactus wall paper.
33. Stylish Nursery Room
This is magazine worthy! The materials are beautiful. Check out some similar looks that I found below!
34. Trendy Girl’s Nursery
35. Princess Nursery
A Unique and Beautiful way to design a nursery! I love the crib!
36. Soft Contemporary
My Favorite Picks Nursery Ideas
37. Uptown Contemporary Nursery
38. Wine Country Nursery
So beautiful. I love the light colored glider and ottoman!
39. Neutral Pastel Nursery
This is actually a pretty sweet set up for a nursery. You have all the basics plus storage.
Pssst.. Looking For More Ideas? Check out this Nursery Tour 🙂
40. Texture Wall Nursery
This look is whimsical and beautiful! I want it all. That is all. haha!
41. Flower Forest Nursery
42. 3-D Flower Wall
Gorgeous! Find the beautiful flower wall art here or make it yourself!
43. Mid-Century Modern Nursery
44. Rainbow Nursery
I couldn’t leave out this unique little rainbow nursery. Perfect for a fun nursery.
45. Gold Canopy Crib Nursery
The gold mixed with the Blue dresser and green is so perfect. Check under the photo to find the crib.
46. House Canopy Crib Nursery
47. Blue For Girls Nursery
48. Soft Accent Wall Nursery
Simple and beautiful.
49. Natural Pastel Nursery
They made this clear crib look so good! Its on of my favs 🙂
50. Go For Gray Nursery
The bathroom is such a highly utilized and quickly unorganized part of child’s life so I hope that you were able to get some great ideas and I truly hope that you enjoyed this list.
I personally plan to incorporate some of these ideas on a rolling basis. I think some will be better while the kid’s are young, and some may be a little better utilized once the kids are a little older.
Do you have any other ideas that you think I should add to the list? Please let me know in the comment section below! It’s not the easiest thing searching for kid’s bathroom ideas I’ve come to find out so any bit up advise is gold.
Also, remember to sign up for your FREE weekly activities planner on the top or the right side of the page and check out my printables page!