uick and easy activities are the necessary for young children because there is absolutely no guarantee a toddler will give your activity the time of day.
I picked cardboard crafts because most people have boxes at some point and plan to throw them away, so why not get another use out of it first?
Below I share a collection of cardboard activities that I view as simple, quick, fun, creative, and even sometimes educational 🙂
- The kids love doing colorful crafts so I thought it would be great to talk about some great rainbow crafts kids would love today and share the rainbow activity we did at home! These activities inspire fun, creativity, and learning so I hope you enjoy!! Check out this DIY craft project out at Keep Toddlers Busy
1a. This is a staple for me and very simple!
2. These Cardboard Doll House are so fun and creative! Find it at Mini Mad Things
3. Great for any time of the year! (and anything related to spae is really in right now) Check out this project at Mini Mad Things.
4. I don’t quite know why, but toddlers seem to love rainbows. Maybe it’s the colors but rainbows are magical. Check this out at Playroom Stories
6. Kids love paint, probably because it’s messy lol. This is a great way to have a fairly mess free and simple craft idea for kids. See how it’s done at
7. Winter is here! This activity is great for the whole season as snowflakes or stars. See how it’s done at Jennifer Rizzo.
8. Cardboard and counting, what can be better 🙂 Check it out at Grimm’s Wooden Toys.
9. How cute is this dollhouse craft? Your tot may need some help with this but painting a cardboard house? Genius! Check it out at Say Yes!
10. My kids just can’t get enough of chalk and it’s even better when you can do it in rain or shine. This is a great idea for all ages. Art Camp Studio.
11. This cool project can also double as a learning activity! Very Cute. Check it out at The Craft Train
We hope you like the products we recommend. Just so you are aware, Keep Toddlers Busy may collect a share of sales from the links on this page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about our links in my disclosure policy.
12. How cute is the Noah’s Ark project. It’s perfect for pretend play. See the how-10 at The Craft Train
13. These projects are the best! They may take a little extra preparation, but crafts used a toys last a long time for us. Check it out at Chalk Academy.
14. This is truly a creative cardboard tube craft idea for kids. We did this one before and my son LOVED it. Noise is good lol. Rain dance at www.giftofcuriosity.com
15. Aww this one is a great Valentine’s Day craft idea and its simple too! Check out this DIY activity at Our Kid Things
16. As you may notice throughout my site, my son loves anything related to space. It’s such a great way to allow toddlers to explore! I love this cardboard rocket! She Knows
17. Love, Love, Love. Boxes, Tunnels, plenty of play space. All good things for the toddler imagination! Cafe Mom
18. This one does not need to be explained. Toddler and goop belong in the same sentence! See this awesome craft at The Imagination Tree.
19. I love paper plate activities because they are fairly durable. This bumble project is a great idea! See the process at The Pinterested Parent.
20. This is a great idea. Turkey or bird decorating can be a group activity! See it at Art Bar Blog
21. This fall car project is a fun and easy way for your toddler to pretend play! Check out this DIY craft project out at Petite Party Studio.
As I was browsing YouTube the other day, looking for some smokey eye makeup tips (YouTube can teach anything), I got sidetracked and started looking at toddler crafts and activities videos.
I came across this super cute video on how to make a caterpillar and I thought I would share this as a bonus. I love this activity because its basically super easy, colorful, and fun. Check it out!
For more craft ideas you can check 9Mousai !
Check out another fun activity with painting from my Instagram page and be sure to follow!
It’s amazing what you can find on Pinterest 🙂 I just love these ideas and I know my children do and will love them too.I hope you enjoyed this fun button craft idea for the kids! Please comment below and let me know some paint activities that keep your kids entertained! I would love to see some additional ideas! Also check out my posts on a great pom pom frame craft and popsicle stick crafts for more fun ideas! Also, remember to sign up for your FREE weekly activities planner on the top or the right side of the page and check out my printables page.