I’m excited about sharing a super fun giant name painting activity for preschoolers and toddlers today! We were going to take this outside, but one a raining day we pulled and audible and decided to cover the breakfast nook table. The kids loved it, especially Skyla. The kids took a while to paint and they were actually fairly tired afterwards.
That is literally the point. And learning of course 🙂
The set up for this is super easy, so in a very short amount of time, using materials that you may already have in the house, you should be able to set this activity up for some fun with the kids. So take a look at how we did this toddler project quick and easy!
Giant Name Preschool Painting Activity
Name Art Materials
2. Washable Paint for Kids- My favorite brand is Crayola washable paint.
3. I use paint tape to hold the paper down because it comes up easy and doesn’t leave residue behind.
4. A bowl for the water, and napkins to wipe off the paint brushes.
5. Large kids paint brushes!
Keep Toddlers Busy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my disclosure policy.
Name Paint Setup (5 min setup time)
1.I started by spreading the brown paper on the table and taping the edges to the table so the paper wouldn’t move. I tried to set this up before the kids saw, but as soon as they saw what was going on they hardly let me finish setting up lol.
2. Next I wrote out both of my kids names on the paper with pencil, trying my best to cover the length of table.
3. My last step was was the poor out small portions of paint for each of the kids. The paint goes pretty far so you don’t need to poor that much. (see pictures). I provided the brushes, paper towels, and bowl of water.
4. As they painted, i did help to guide them with colors and painting, but mostly let them free paint and be creative 🙂
For more toddler painting activities visit one of my favorite kids activity bloggers at Toddler Approved as well!
Check out this painting activity on my Instagram page and be sure to follow!
View this post on Instagram
#newblogalert ! Dez and Skyla really enjoyed this name painting activity! The setup was quick and the painting actually took a while. Skyla was tired afterwards according to her ? I love it because it allows them to be creative but also focus on letters and name recognition. Brown paper is an awesome canvas! Do you do crafts with brown paper? What’s your go-to activity?
Check out this video for more cute ideas!
I hope you enjoyed this fun giant name painting post! Please comment below and let me know some activities that keep your kids entertained! I would love to see some additional ideas!
Also, remember to sign up for your FREE weekly activities planner on the top or the right side of the page and check out my printables page
I’ve been an activity mom for almost 9 years and have over 15 years of experience crafting, writing, and creating. My mission is to bring fun, balance and learning to your busy homes with activities, tips, inspiration, and organization!